- Creating documentary films about positive social and environmental projects.
- Sponsoring educational forums, including creating spaces for showing films, supporting dialogue, hosting speakers, and other similar activities.
- Creating promotional videos and web-based media content for people and groups undertaking positive projects.
- Providing support and educational opportunities for individuals and organizations to undertake their own film projects, through programs such as workshops and film festivals.
- To raise awareness, honor concrete actions, inspire people, and encourage dialogue regarding solving social and environmental issues.
- To foster a connection between people with similar community and environmental interests.
In order to secure beneficial social and environmental change, Awaketrain supports a movement of positive reinforcement. We feel that focusing on negative aspects of issues merely fortifies solid ground for more negative thinking and thus cannot provide a reasonable outlet for constructive change. Rather, the positive side of (and solutions to) issues should be highlighted, creating a vehicle for greater positive change.
A·wake [uh-weyk] verb
1. to wake up; rouse from sleep.
2. to rouse to action; become active.
3. to come or bring to an awareness; become cognizant.
Train [trein] noun
1. a line or procession of vehicles, persons, animals, etc., traveling together.
2. a series of proceedings, events, ideas, etc.
3. to make proficient by instruction and practice, as in some art, profession, or work.
4. to point, aim, or direct, as a camera, telescope, or eye.